Thursday, July 30, 2009

July 30, 2009

Well it has been a few days and things are progressing. On Tuesday we were able to read **** file and learn all about him. We were prepared to hear some bad things, however he seems to be a really good kid. If we could have hand picked a child on paper it would have been him. I think he is going to fit perfectly into the family. The only worry I have is that he is a picky eater, but we know he likes pizza so I think we can deal with that. After reading his file we were able to have a conference with his case workers, supervisors, and therapist. WE are SO excited to finally have our first outing with him. We will be meeting him on Saturday for lunch (pizza) and then going back to where is living now and checking things out and hopefully shooting some "hoops". Am I getting the lingo right?
So after our meeting we are hoping we will get to start more regular visits with ******* without a case worker present. We have a weekend at a hotel and water park planned for next weekend, so we are hoping he can join us on Saturday for some fun.
Please continue to pray for God grace and devine intervention with the process. I know I am nervous and I cant imagine what he must feeling.....