Saturday, August 17, 2013

2 weeks down.

Well we have had two successful weeks of home schooling. The first week seemed so easy, but mostly it was just reviewing. This week we did a lot more but still a lot of review.

We celebrated Solomon's birthday at Busch Gardens on Tuesday and I was reminded of how fortunate our family is. Not only has God blessed us with four beautiful children but with finances to enjoy lots of activities. Growing up my parents struggled paycheck to paycheck just pay the bills. I am grateful that I had parents who worked so very hard so I could enjoy the things I loved. And now I look at my life and pray my children will grow up with a  sense of need, NOT want.
This has been the topic of my prayers this week. Daily I hear people (myself included) saying I "need" this or that. When actually we have everything we need and much much more! Our urgency for things has put our country in a state of want rather than need. I say this not to make anyone feel bad but to explain the joy God gave me with just $20 this week.
While at Busch Gardens I was waiting for the boys to get off a ride and saw two grown men having their picture taken with Big Bird and Elmo. These two were with a group from Orlando for persons with physical and mental disabilities. One of the men was in a wheel chair and the other had major malformation of his face. Anyway I could see the joy they both had while having their picture taken with these fun characters. I watched from a distance for about 5 min, until the Lord prompted me to but them a picture that had been taken. When the men and their caregivers saw the pictures they were ecstatic. The one care giver told me all they wanted while visiting Busch Gardens was having a picture with Elmo. It was such a joy for me to see them smiling and laughing. I took pictures with them and shared in their excitement.
This week God has brought both of these men to mind daily. I will continue to pray for them both and I will so grateful for my healthy God loving children.
Thank you Lord for your blessings in my life!