Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What a week we have had. On Thursday I took Marcus to practice and then he came back to the house to hang out. Then on Saturday we met him at his school to get his schedule and check out Boone High. After that we took him and a few of the other boys out to breakfast at McDonald's. I love getting to know all the kids at GOV. They are all very well mannered at least around us. After that we were headed off to his first football game. He did great. He had good hits, good throws and some great catches. He is an all around good player. I know he hated knowing I was taking pictures of him but after the games he asked to see them. (I knew he secretly wanted me to take them)














After the game we headed back home to hang out some more and have some dinner. Little did I know what was in store for me. Some how we ended up having a water fight in the back yard. Everyone was soaked including my neighbors! LOL
I think Marcus and David have started a great bond of picking on each other. They are constantly trying to out do the other one. It is so neat to watch them and see how there relationship is growing.
On Sunday we took Marcus to Church and then back home to paint his room. We told him he could paint it but he had to do the work. Well he did alot of it, but David did alot more. The room is a little brighter than we thought it would be, but Marcus likes it.
















Marcus had to go back early Sunday because he started school on Monday. He said he likes most of his classes and most of his teachers. I was so excited and so sad on Monday. What a great memory he will have of his first day of High School, but I was not there to see him off or to be there when he got home. I can not wait until he is here in our house with his family!!! I know this has to be a slow process but I just want to speed things along.
This week we get to see him 2 weekdays and all weekend. Five days of Marcus is going to be great. And on Friday he get to spend the night. We actually just received a copy of the court order today. I am so super excited I hope he likes it here.